1999 Ontario Provincial Election
The idea behind this project is to predict the result of the 1999 Ontario Provincial election riding by riding. However, prediction is not done by polling, but by collecting opinion/input from any individuals or quotes from media. The site owner will evaluate all submission and determine which candidates will most likely win.
You can contribute by submitting your own opinion regard the riding (with reasons supporting your view) or submitting a quote from a newspaper. Please note that only riding/area specific submission will be considered.
Riding Evaluation Process
This process determine the prediction of each riding at the end of each day. The site owner will consider all the submissions to date and make a call for the riding.
The following factors are take into consideration for each submission.
The following factors are also considered.
- Pure political "advertisment" are not posted.
- Submissions with no name, or clear identificataion generally weight less.
- The site owner keeps a record for each participant. Submissions from participant who has a trend of supporting certain party generally weight less. Submissions from individuals that demonstated clear political motive or bias are generally ignored.
- Misleading Submission will be accomplanied with the site owner's correction and will not be considered.
- Comments such as "do nothing MPP" or "invisable MPP" will be verified with reports from citizens groups/organization.
- Submissions from individuals that demonstated clear political motive or bias are generally ignored.
- Submissions from Queen's Park staff are treated as refereces.
- Submisisons with name and email address displayed generally weight more.
- Reginal news/trend.
- (During writ period) Polling result from major polling firm such as Angus Reid (pro PC) and Pollara (pro Liberal)
Submit Information here
Last Updated 16th March 1999
© 1999 Milton Chan, University of Waterloo
This site is maintained by Milton Chan